Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is it wrong for a younger man to be attracted to women in their 40s or older?

I'm asking because I am a younger man, well I do not know how young by today's standards, given I'm damn-near 30 yrs old, and women in my age group are considered "cougars" now, but I like women in their 30s, 40s, up to their early 50s; I do not care what other people think due to the final age gap I mentioned, but I am who I am, so deal with it.

However, when I approach dating, frankly I do not care for games, I do not have the time or the desire to play "dating" games, in fact I think the whole idea of dating turning or being reduced into a game of power control is just stupid.

If I approach a woman, no matter how awkward or flawed I am, I am still me. And yes I like "older" women, but who cares.

But I'm looking for an LTR, something u really haven't had before. And given what I have already said about the age bracket I'm interested in, am I looking for an LTR in the wrong places?

Or are there women who are in these age groups that are genuinely interested in a relationship with a "younger" man?

And if so, what exactly do I need to be working on to not only attract such, but also get them to stay?

Perhaps this sounds completely ridiculous, or totally beta male, but I'm just being real. 

Women of 30 years old aren't cougars and never will be.

And if you like older women, you do. I don't see the problem with that. Older women know what they want and are (usually) confident and have life experience.

Long term relationships don't happen automatically. We have to feel a connection with someone first, and then have the desire to get to know a person better. Sometimes we connect, most of the time, we do not. You can't just start dating someone and say you're in a relationship after one or two dates. Relationships take time to develop if there is mutual interest.

As long as you're 18 or older, than their isn't anything wrong with pursuing older women. In fact, lots of older women love to date younger men. Go with what you like, and enjoy yourself.