promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 2 months ago

Be honest would you bully someone named Eli? ?

I have a few close friends I talked to about baby names for a boy. When I told them I wanted to name my kid Eli if it's a boy they both told me he would be bullied to **** if I named him that and said I should name him elijah instead or something entirely different. What do you guys think? 

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's your baby and your choice in what you name that baby, I have 3 kids and not once did I worry about what other people thought on my choices, not everyone liked the name of my third child but it was the decision of myself and my Husband, not other family members.

I wouldn't bully anyone but I don't see why anyone would think to bully someone because they were named Eli. Unique isn't bad it's just different. 

Oh and don't feel the need to change the name to please other people or because of opinions you got on yahoo answers from strangers.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I really wonder why the asker thought 'Eli' was the kind of name anyone would be bullied about.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

not if he looked like Denzel Washington in an apocalypse..

• 2 months ago

Personally i wouldn't bully anyone regardless of their name, its not my taste in names but there are a lot of eli's around so he should be fine.

• 2 months ago

I don't think the name Eli would be a problem. There are plenty of guys named Eli.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I can't begin to imagine why a boy called 'Eli' would be bullied. It's a perfectly standard name, either in its own right, or as a shorter version of 'Elijah'.

Oh wait: maybe they think it's pronounced 'Ellie', like the girl's name? Put them right immediately: it's EE- lie, with 'lie' rhyming with 'I', 'sigh', 'cry'.

• GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Elijah will probably get shortened to Eli.  There are lots of name that started as diminutives, that became  'proper' names in their own right,

William  - Bill  Billy  Liam

Terence  - Terry

Theresa -  Tessa  Tracey

Abigail - Gail ,  Abby

The sort of  kids who'd  bully your son because of his name, would still do it if you chose one from a short-list that your friends approved of.

• blank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would never bully anyone and Eli is a legit and accepted name by many anyway.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My sons name is Eli and it’s not short for Elijah . My son doesn’t get picked on 

• 2 months ago

I don't see how Eli is that much different from Elijah. It's sort of like the difference between Dave and David. 

• 2 months ago

I wouldn't, because bullies are low life scum of the earth. There might be some degenerates that bully, but it could happen for any reason. Eli is a name that's growing in popularity. It's in the top 100 most popular boys names for baby boys in the US, as is Elijah. I think they're both quite cool, the older names are coming back 

• 2 months ago

My brother is named Eli and he was never bullied. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.