promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to find out your PC's single thread performance?

It's said to run PCSX2 smoothly it's best to have a "single thread rating" of over 2000.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I'd assume it would be passmark, CPU-Z, or userbenchmark. I can't find the citation you listed to see what benchmark test they're speaking of.  

The i9-9900k scores 500 in Cinebench r20 Single threaded test so it's not Cinebench.

The 10nm Ice Lake CPU you listed in the other post you created has a rather low clock speed when multiple cores are running because it's a 13w TDP part. PCSX2 would probably run alright if you make sure to have all other background tasks turned off.  The recommend requirements for the emulator list a Core 2 or Phenom II CPU clocked at 3.2ghz or higher. These are +10 year old processors that Intel's current products wallop in IPC and efficiency. 

The AMD E1-6010 you listed in your other comment is behind these +10 year old processors. You might meet the minimum requirements but you're not close to the recommend requirements for running the emulator.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Cinebench.  What cpu do you have?

• ...Show all comments
    • M Smith
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Well you're only halfway there.  The only way to tell if it will perform well is to download it and run a game.

• 2 months ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.