What changes do you imagine happening to a post-COVID-19 society?

Hopefully, this crappy pandemic ends (or at least greatly mitigated). But whenever that occurs what changes can you imagine will take place in our society? Say that self-quarantine demands are finally lifted, will people even leave their homes and venture out into the world again (given time)? Or will many be too scared or even paranoid to do anything other than staying home permanently? What new laws and policies will be in place? What about jobs? I can only imagine the changes that came after 9/11.

Personally, once social distancing ends, I'd more than happy to leave my house and finally go out, albeit with a little more wariness of germs.  

• Maxi
    Favorite Answer

Reality is you only need to look at kids of 21st century who isolate themselves from real people, sits at home and live their lives on their games/internet, they think social media is where they make friends and get upset when one of these 'friends' ( who they don't know) blocks them.... 'social anxiety' is their 'normal' and continues unless they drag themselve in to the real world or school, work and face to face contact.......... so my prediction is 'social anxiety' will increase to other generations..... so increasing more mental illness across the board

• Tommy1 month agoReport

If the all clear was given, or people could at least voluntarily finally leave their homes and go out. I would probably be one of the first (and few) people hitting the road and going out. I can live life like people in my generation. This stupid virus is making me fat. 

• Foofa

People in some Asian nations use masks on the daily and have even turned them into a fashion accessory. One suspects this practice may take hold in other places going forward. COVID 19 has proved that our various national precautions in the globalized economy aren't up to the task of protecting us from what's floating around out there. Also, unless China changes its food safety laws these periodic pandemics are probably just a feature of the future we'll all have to deal with on the daily.

• Yeti

Depends on exactly how and when it "ends" or is mitigated. If we have vaccines and treatments for it, we most likely will eventually get back to "normal." It will be just some other disease that can go around out there like the flu.

If we don't have good treatments for it and we try to "reopen," you'll still see masks in public, people not going out unless they have to, increased distances in stores and restaurants, many jobs encouraging work from home whenever possible, etc. 

We likely won't see huge crowds for sporting events, concerts, amusement parks, etc., until the vaccines/treatments are out there, period.

• odd

The confidentiality of your medical (health) records will become a thing of the past. The COVID-19 event will spawn a federal data base which has the names, addresses, treatment history, doctors,  of everyone who has been tested for [pick-a-contagen]. Such information may be shared with LE for the purpose of quarantining individuals or groups of people. The idea is already being studied.

China is on a mission to destroy the world.  ...

Please will be afraid to go in public places. 

Every one will wear masks like in China. 

• Tommy1 month agoReport

To hell with China. To hell with the virus. I refuse to live in fear.