Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

If your future hubby didn’t get you birthday gift in long distance would you be angry? He didn’t get me anything for Valentine’s Day either?

I was hurt not going to lie. Like even if he organised some flowers I would have been happy. I mean if you love someone don’t you think about these things in advance. I did, I sent something weeks before so it would reach him in time. Should I be worried that he didn’t consider this... I know he loves me but wtf why 

It’s our first year together 

• :)
    Favorite Answer

Everyone’s love language is different. Yours is receiving/giving gifts which is an actual, documented love language. His love language is probably not the same thing; it could be physical touch, quality time, etc. look up the various love languages/take a love language quiz. To me, gifts are materialistic/insignificant. But they mean a lot to you, and that’s okay.

It’s important to understand each other’s love languages so that you can avoid offending each other/being offended. I used to be upset with my boyfriend because I didn’t feel like he proclaimed his fondness for me enough. My love language is words of affirmation. But I learned that he shows his love more through physical touch.

Why don't you find out from him how come he did not give you anything.

You cannot expect a gift on your birthday's every year. Eliminate small things to save your relationship.Why don't you ask him how come you did not get a gift for your birthday.