Do intersex people prove that there are more than two genders?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Well no but it does prove there's more than male and female which is why I use it in arguments on here.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

No, it proves that sex is a spectrum, because sex is not always the same as gender.

Nonbinary people are the ones who prove that there are more than two genders.

• 3 months agoReport

👏

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

"Gender" and "biological sex" are not the same thing. An intersex person is born with both male and female sex characteristics. It's a birth defect.

EDIT: @Jordan How does it prove that there are more than two biological sexes? As I said, an intersex person is born with both MALE and FEMALE sex characteristics. Intersex conditions do not constitute a third biological sex. It is a birth defect and most intersex people have their anatomy surgically corrected.

• 3 months ago

No. There are no genders. There's just genderedness and non-genderedness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

No  It is widely believed that an intersex person was meant to be twins - one male, one female but the two foetuses merged into one, creating a baby with both sets of genitals but outwardly appearing to be one or the other.  I have two cousins who were born that way and their maternal uncle (born in the 1930s) was intersex also.  My cousins had surgery whilst very young and became one boy and one girl.  Their uncle was shunned, laughed at, called a homosexual etc. (back in those times when homosexuality was illegal in Britain). I assume that he was a very confused and unhappy man in a day when ignorance of such things was rife.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that!!!! 

• "Do intersex people prove that there are more than two genders?"

No.

Being intersex is not a gender, it is a group of a couple dozen medical conditions that effect sexual development.

Your question would have been better phrased:

"Do intersex people prove there are more than two sexes."

Yes.

There are at least 6 biological sexes in humans. The most common being XX, XY, XXY, XXXY, XO, XX/XY.

https://www.joshuakennon.com/the-six-common-biolog...

Despite whatever their chromosomal make-up most intersex people identify as male or female just like everyone else. Because they do it proves that sex and gender are in fact different things and not necessarily linked.

• 3 months ago

no as they still typically identify as either male or female. Besides, they're few and far between only making up about 1% of the human population, also, they're all different. they don't all literally have both male and female genitals (a penis and vagina) but they do have a mix of both in some way. most of them typically get a sex change at an early age with parental consent after the doctors study their chromosomes/DNA to see which gender will best fit.

• 3 months ago

No, not really. Intersex is a spectrum, some people are more male or female, while others have a mix of both

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.