Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

Are most kids happy about the Coronavirus since it means 6 months of Summer Break?

How do your kids feel?

Favorite Answer

I think it just depends on the kid. I'm 16 (a junior in high school right now) and I really like the online school and more free time but I also miss seeing my friends and have to miss out on spring sports. My sister doesn't like it as much though, she's 13 and has been really stressed out about it. She's a hypochondriac and has pretty bad anxiety so for her it's been hard to fall asleep and adjust to the changes. Even though I like this arrangement for school a lot better this whole situation sucks

My kids (like most in the US) have moved to "online learning" for the remainder of this year, anyway. So while it's not quite the same as ATTENDING school, they are still learning and we are keeping as much of a school routine as we can.

Nope, just something else to whine about.

Depends on the child. I would be disappionted because I enjoyed school. What about all the children who rely on school for food. there is also the kids who have nothing to do at home who needs to talk to their friends who cant go anywhere because of parents..... With regular parents who treat there kids great. They are probably excited until they go out of there minds and run out of things to do.

I doubt it, because there are plenty of districts and schools which are still conducting classes online, and issuing homework assignments. When the schools reopen (and they will reopen in most states-only one to my knowledge has actually cancelled the rest of the school year) there will be exams given on the homework and other assignments that the kids are expected to complete right now. So yes, the kids have to study, and they aren't being permitted to goof off and do nothing.

I'm sure that a lot of kids are really bored at home, too, when they aren't doing their schoolwork. They aren't allowed to have contact with their friends, and they can't participate in many of the activities that they enjoy. So it's pretty boring for them.

• GB

I live alone, but can imagine how kids might feel. They might be enjoying  not having school, but I doubt if they are 'enjoying' coronavirus  because they are likely to be missing their friends and the freedom to play outdoors.

• edward

They shouldn’t be. The way i see it, the clinical for nurses has been postponed, private schools don’t reimburse people. Not to mention, people can’t go anywhere anyway. I would cry if i had to isolate

I wish this happened when I was in school. I would've been stoked.

• Hannah

Well, in a lot of places, kids are still having to do virtual learning, so they aren't exactly totally out of school.

I don't have school age children - my daughters are adults.

I would guess that they were happy and excited at first - until they are being told they can't go anyplace because everything they might want to go to or do for fun is closed.

I would have to think that a lot of kids are getting bored with always being at home.