Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Girlfriend isn’t the same anymore? She talks different?

Me and my girlfriend are in our 20s. We’ve been dating for just over a year now.

The way we met was fate and we have quite a lot in common.

The first 6 months of our relationship has been amazing, basically honeymoon period where we were both so attracted and flirty to each other. 

Since we started being on lockdown, the first two weeks we were calling and FaceTiming everyday like normal. Then two days she stopped doing that and was being a bit distant, whenever I message her she replies hours later but I see her online on social media doing work related stuff.

I confronted her and said I feel she’s addicted to it and that is all she cares about.

She was angry and told me since we’ve been together she’s never had alone time and sometimes she likes her alone time.

Then she says she sometimes worries she might not be ready for a relationship. We think it’s because we’ve not seen each other 1 month and she’s had so much alone time and time to overthink things.

Since then, we don’t talk the same anymore. She hasn’t called me at all nor have I. We have general chats not as often and she sometimes doesn’t reply to my flirty messages or when I call her by a cute name.

She still sends me memes like usual as we both like this. But we just have a normal chat like friends and recently I feel we aren’t even in a relationship.

Can it be this lockdown and us not seeing each other for so long it’s impacted on us?

Will everything be ok when we see each other again? 

What can I do?

Since you asked? Quit calling her out on not acting like YOU want her to. She's an independent woman, not your toy and my guess is that she balked at the notion that she was, somehow, behaving WRONG when all she's doing is staying home and keeping in contact with her world (which included you) and it might all be put straight again, in time, but you put her off by "confronting" her because she wasn't responding to your messages fast enough. BTW, that would put MOST women off. You're not her Dad. Not her husband. Not even her roommate. My guess is that she was seriously put off by your behavior. But you two might not be at all "over".. unless you start chewing her out about not being on your leash again. She didn't like that. That isn't about "Honeymoon" or not. You over stepped.