Is Game of Thrones worth watching?

Never seen a second of it, pretty much all my friends have said either don't bother, or do it but stop after Season 6 (which I think is stupid, why watch if you won't get a proper ending?).

What are you guys' thoughts?

As someone who has watched the whole series, I think it's worth it to try at least an episode or two. Even with the disappointing ending, it's a good binge watch show if you like fantasy and drama and don't mind blood/gore. But if you'd prefer to try it without the knowledge of a disastrous finale, maybe try reading the books instead, since their ending is still up in the air?

I wasn't going to watch it then everyone told me I needed to. This was before the final season was released. I binge watched the whole thing and enjoyed it immensely. The characters, twists, turns and shocks. Then the final season dropped. It was lazy, badly written and took a big poop on all the characters and story development to that point. To say it was disappointing was an understatement. The ending basically negated the whole story. Don't bother, I guarantee you'll think you wasted your time.

I never saw it either but I think it's pretty stupid from what I've heard. Also, I know almost everyone hated the finale. 

I was watching, but stopped after Arya met the faceless men.  I stopped just because at the time, that was the most recent thing I could get.  I don't have HBO.  

My feeling all along was 'This is good, but it's not NEARLY as good as it's reputation.' and 'I hate almost every character and want to see them all die except Arya and Tyrion.'

When my friends who watched to the end asked me about it and I said where I stopped watching, they pretty much all agreed 'Actually, that's a pretty good place to stop.  I wish I'd stopped there.'

Whatever GoT's ending was, it wasn't just unsatisfying, it ruined the show for a lot of the people I know who were crazed fans of it.

It depends upon you and your taste in TV.  Some people love it, others don't.  I'd recommend watching the first season and then deciding if you personally think it's worth continuing.

I'm in the same situation as you.  Haven't seen it.  Kinda wanted to see it but I already know a lot of the big moments (just thanks to other media) and know how disappointed people were with the ending.  I think I'm just going to hold off and wait for Amazon's Lord of the Ring series.  They're already in production for two seasons and are spending a ton on it.