How would I know about it unless you brought it up?

I have a female friend of mine who I text with from time to time. She's lesbian and has a girlfriend. We chat a few times a week. The other day we were chatting and out of the blue she brings up that she was sexually assaulted some time ago. I had no idea nor did I just bring it up. "so, hey, have you ever been sexually assaulted?" When I asked her about it she then turns on me to say, "I really don't want to talk about that. A few days later we're chatting and she's mad because she said her gf had another girl at her place a few nights ago and she was mad. Again, not a question I asked. "Has your gf ever cheated on you?" Today I asked how her and her gf were doing and she told me again, "I don't want to talk about it." Why is it that she brings up things like this but then when I ask her about it gets on the defense? How should I handle this again if she brings up something else.? Just over look it like I heard nothing or tell her that if you don't want me to mention anything about anything you say then don't bring anything up.

• ron h

I'm unclear:  Are you, or are you NOT asking her questions?  If yes, STOP doing that.  It sound like one of you is nuts and looking for an argument.