promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 2 months ago

For me, cost of attendance is 5,140 and tuition & fees are 1,153. Am I paying the 5,000 or just T & F, because I'm definitely confused?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • df
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Cost of attending usually includes room and board

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • nancy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The Cost of Attendance is a standard budget that financial aid administratros use to determine your eligibility for financial aid. It is not the amount that you are expected to pay the school. The COA includes both direct costs and indirect costs. Direct costs are expenses that the school charges you for, such as tuition and fees. Indirect costs are expenses that most students encounter that are not billed by the school. This might include things like books, transportation, personal expenses or off campus living expenses. You will only have to pay the school for the direct costs (i.e the tuition and fees). But, your financial aid eligibility is based on the full COA because it is assumed that you may need funding to help with those indirect costs.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

“Cost of attendance” is an overall ESTIMATE. The choices you make regarding living quarters, food, transportation, laundry, utilities, class choices, etc. can alter that estimate considerably.

You will pay AT LEAST tuition and fees, but you will also have to buy books, and supplies, perhaps equipment, and all the living expenses listed above.

PLEASE make sure you attend a school that charges you by the semester, and ONLY for classes you actually take. Do NOT sign a contract for the entire degree, do not attend a school, that is not REGIONALLY accredited, and do not attend a “for profit” school.

• Hockey
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Ask the college. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are at least paying $5140.

• 2 months ago

you have to ask the financial aid office ... we don't even know where you are attending

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I thought Trump University closed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.