promotion image of download ymail app

How to get GMRS license?

So I can transmit and receive legally.


To tell the truth, I need guidance nor somebody who knows where to go. I tried to do myself but all this boring literature just puts me to sleep.

Thanks for lookin into.

4 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    Apply through the FCC and pay them $75. They will license you for 10 years to operate and supervise GMRS radios in your family.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    It's pretty simple: Just pay for it. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    You can do that through the Universal Licensing System at

    It's a simple process but it's in pieces:

    1. Create an account via the "New User Registration" link to get a FCC Registration Number (FRN). This step is the equivalent of signing up for Amazon so you can buy stuff.

    2. If you prefer to file by mail download and fill out form 605 and 159, or use the "File Online" link.

    3. Pay $70 for the application fee.

    4. Download your license.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Take a course from your local Ham's radio association in your city and then right a license test from government communication department.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.