Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 3 months ago

Do I sound like I have autism/Aspergers?

I get mad at the littlest thing. I get mad if someone says “huh” (I find that word extremely stupid and get annoyed when someone says that instead of “what?”, if my mom calls a store it’s old name instead of new name of the store that it’s been for like a decade, when my dad clears his throat (I find his clearing his throat obnoxiously loud and annoying so I HAVE to mock him or I’ll be in a bad mood, if someone burps and doesn’t say excuse me then I get really mad, I had a joke about calling my female cat a boy cat and I call my cat random boy names and I get mad when people call her a her even though she is a girl but I still get mad at that. I get mad when someone breaths loud while eating or just breaths loud even when not eating. I also get mad when people lick their fingers after eating.. 

I’m also extremely shy and basically only have one friend which I wouldn’t call an actual friend because she only talks to me when no one else is around.. I just get really bad anxiety when I speak to others and when I’m really really anxious my body starts to sweat and I feel really hot inside. A lot of times I get so nervous talking and explaining stuff to someone that I talk in circles and don’t make any sense. My old boss even told me he didn’t know what I was talking about when I tried saying something to him. 

Does it sound like autism or Aspergers

Sounds more like social anxiety or intermittent explosive disorder. But if you are only irritable and don’t really go on tirades that could be anxiety, depression, adjustment disorder, or many other things.

No it doesn't sound as if you have an autistic spectrum disorder based on the symptoms you've described. You don't have the triad of impairments necessary for an autism diagnosis. You could benefit from therapy to learn coping mechanisms to help you cope with your emotions.

I'm an autistic adult.