Promoted

What's wrong with sex before marriage?

I need better answers than "it's a sin against God"

I need more persuasive answers on why sex before marriage isn't a great idea

115 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sex is for marriage.  Outside of marriage, it is a sin.  Too many people show their lack of self-control by giving in.  If given the choice, would you prefer a new car or a used one?

• ...Show all comments
    • Aleph1 month agoReport

Anonymous is correct.

I'm not sure what Susie Floozie is talking about. Do you not understand that "bastard children" are a consequence of sex outside of marriage?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Not a catastrophe. If you are judicious in your choices, it may be fine. I would also add it should be mutually beneficial and you are not using someone only for your own pleasure at their expense (That's why sex between adults and children is bad--or any situation where there is a power differential). 

One danger of having multiple partners is that it makes it difficult for you to bond to that primary person. There is then the tendency to reduce the relationship to sexual performance and neglect other aspects of love. Then you have a person in their late 30s going to a psychotherapist trying to figure out why their 4th marriage is unsatisfying and they want yet another divorce. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Not Applicable
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

@Michael. Sounds as if you had your mind already made up. Nice trolling. I thought Pope Francis suggested giving up trolling for Lent. 

• 2 months ago

Wrong? Nothing if both parties are careful about whom they hook up with.  I started very early, just before 13th birthday, and have never stopped. Everyone wants sex, men or women.

• ...Show all comments
    • Aleph1 month agoReport

Thanks Alex, I will use your inane comment as an example next time your fellow atheists attempt to claim that "atheists are moral without God."

• 2 months ago

Absolutely nothing.

• ...Show all comments
    • Michael
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Females are particularly vulnerable to a host of problems related to premarital sex. In fact, the threat of STDs (as well as HIV) is higher for females than for males. If a young girl becomes pregnant, she places herself and her unborn child at further risk. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Duck
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nothing.  You'll test drive a car to make sure that you like the ride, and that's for only a five to seven year commitment.  You should be able to do the same thing with a spouse, because that's a lifetime commitment.

• ...Show all comments
    • Darla2 months agoReport

God wants marriage to be about love. Not whether they can satisfy one part of your body.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well, let's see. People dying of deadly diseases; millions of children being brutally murdered during the first nine months of their lives; women (and in some cases men) being treated as physical objects to be used and discarded ...

• ...Show all comments
    • Binky2 months agoReport

Star child, we will remember that comment in the days ahead when you are begging for the protection of a man.  Bad days are coming too *****.

• 2 months ago

Nothing is wrong with sex before marriage, so other than that utterly lame religious answer you're not going to get a persuasive answer on why it's not a great idea. I guarantee you won't.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Unwanted pregnancies, STD's, low self-esteem, etc.

• 2 months ago

Marriage is a vow between a man and a woman to stay faithful to each other.

Often, people rush it to have sex. This usually ends in divorce. There was not any genuine love, so the bond breaks.

In love, there is lust - a craving for someone dear. Whereas, in lust, there is no love. The person is merely an object of gratification, and becomes disposed of once the desire is satisfied.

As God is an artist, He intended sex to be pleasurable because real love is sweet.

• 2 months ago

It's about respect and self-control and not treating your 'other' as a sex object. But I have no intention of trying to persuade you because you are part of the generation that has been brainwashed by those with vested interests in creating sexual licentiousness. You are likely a lost cause.

• ...Show all comments
    • Annsan_In_Him
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Darrener, no it wasn't and Christian husbands are told to love their wives as themselves, to die for them if needs be. Freethinking Liberal - enjoying sex within a faithful marriage bond is liberating and I speak as a Christian who enjoyed 48 years of that till death parted us.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.