I have had bronchitis for a little over a month. I was given a steroid inhaler and an antibiotic.?

I have really bad allergies and asthma because of my allergies. With all this going on first of all my doc wont return my calls, and second of all, can the bronchitis virus still be going on? What should my next step be. I ve never had a fever or anything to indicate anything else

Bronchitis takes a really LONG time to clear up. Over a month, in fact. And you have other conditions that are probably making it worse. Give yourself time here. And stay the hell away from Virus hotspots or crowds! If you already have such a condition, catching COVID-19 will make it fifty times worse. 

Antibiotics won't treat a virus...

• Tulip

If you were given antibiotics you didn't have a virus

Bronchitis can last months (the cough) antibiotics are usually not helpful because its for the most part not a bacterial infection. Steroids inhalers etc are the treatment but the cough can persist.

If you have chronic bronchitis the symptoms can persist for weeks and having asthma and allergies certainly doesn't help.  If there's no fever then it's likely that the antibiotic worked and there was no secondary bacterial infection.

Is there not a doctor's secretary you can talk to or perhaps a call centre like the UK's NHS 111?