Are you a Democrat or a Republican? What is it about the Democrat Party or the Republican Party that attracted you to that party? What would?

make you switch to supporting the opposing party?

• TedEx

Kiddies, can you say ""Viet Nam"  Can you say Lyndon B Johnson,? How about over 50,000 dead, AND, the great society, programs which are still costing us a ton of money,and of that isn't enough, how about 10% inflation???

If that isn't' enough to cure anyone from voting Democrat, I don't know what will

• Judith

I am a Democrat.  Nothing would make me switch to the Republican party.  I don't have much faith in them ever since they've supported Trump; it seems to me that they've lost whatever principles they once stood for.  I see the Republican party as being the party of the 1% elite - always looking at the almighty dollar.  While they might talk compassion for those less fortunate than themselves, I don't see it in their politics.

Were it not for Democrats, we wouldn't have social security or Medicare both of which are important to most Americans especially when you consider that over 75% of Americans are now living from one paycheck to the next.  Were it not for social security, there would be no retirement income for them.  And before Medicare came about in 1965, more than 50% of Americans were without health insurance coverage.

I don't agree with all of the proposed programs us Democrats come up with (Bernie Sanders is way too far left for my taste) but I think their heart is in the right place and I don't think I can say that about Republicans anymore.  I also don't agree with the Democratic stance on abortions.  I do believe that Democrats are more tolerant of people who are different than ourselves and I think that is important.  I see the Republicans as being a bunch of self-righteous religious people judging everyone else - and if you aren't like them then God help you because they sure won't.

I am in my 70s - I have voted for a Republican for president - once for sure and perhaps twice but I'm not sure about that.  But all things being equal between two qualified candidates; I'd go with the Democratic party any day.

I grew up in the Kennedy era.....going to the Moon,  starting the Peace Corps........starting special olympics........ Good, idealistic things......

then came Nixon and Watergate..........lying, theiving b*stards. 

Jimmy Carter,  made the only Middle East Peace deal to date.......won a Nobel Prize and built houses  for Habitat for Humanity.  Got the hostages back from Iran,   ALIVE  and didn't CARE who got the credit for it. 

Ronnie Reagan.......Iran-Contra-gate.......lying , theiving b*stards. 

GHW  Bush......No new Taxes......and then he raised taxes. ....lying b*astard

Bill Clinton........8 years of peace and prosperity......balanced the budget. 

George W. Bush..... invaded Iraq over made up lies about WMD..... stood atop the ashes of my dead friends,  on 9/11 .....vowing to get whoever knocked the towers down...........and  then quickly forgot that promise........lying thieving b*stard. 

Barack Obama...........KEPT that promise....put a bullet between his eyes, and dumped his sorry carcass in the ocean.  Saved the car industry........(Romney said "Let them go bankrupt!"  and cost millions of Americans their jobs... and reversed  W's recession  ushering in  years of steady  stock market growth. 

and then ...............we get TRUMP.  The biggest,  STUPIDEST,  lying thieving, cheating  amoral narcissist on the freaking  PLANET. 

The guy has filed BANKRUPTCY how many times? He's been charged with ripping off kids cancer charities and barred from starting another in New York State. His "university" scam was shut down by the SDNY for racketeering. 

The idiot tried to sell STEAKS thru an ELECTRONICS store........

He tried to Peddle VODKA after stating a BILLION times that he doesn't drink and his brother DIED of alcoholism. 

He tried to sell "Trump Ice",......which is bottled water......for about 10x the going price of bottled water.........because it was "exclusive water" ....

He thought people would pay MORE for "exclusive" 20 minute shuttle flight seats. ....because when people buy airline seats.......their first thought always is.........."which is the most expensive ticket I can buy?" 

The man BANKRUPTED not one, not two, but THREE of his own casino's. 

Even worse.......he cannibalized the two WORKING ones, to save the gaudy, failing EYESORE one.......ruining all 3 in the process. 

Bankrupting a Casino ...whose SOLE function is to just take and bank your money.............is like going BROKE, running a counterfeiting plant, because you stupidly bought too much ink and fake paper.....to make the $100 bills. 

It boggles the MIND, that anyone thinks this guy is a SUCCESSFUL business man. 

The banks REPOSSESSED his Yacht........ REPOSSESSED his small fleet of planes, and investors were cheated out of MILLIONS in Atlantic City........and were lucky to get PENNIES back on the dollar......after they foreclosed on his casino's. 

and the idiot goes around bragging about what a great businessman he is.........after LOSING close to a BILLION dollars, in a single year!

Now tell me...........for all the flaws you can name about Clinton's  affair and Hillary's emails...........

why the HELL would I vote for another Republican? 

I am NOT a democrat.....I am a staunch Independent.  Every election I wait to see who the candidates are.............I liked McCain........had he not been forced to be saddled with  that moron, Palin, I would have voted for him. 

But after THIS  orange sh*t stick, and the corrupt as HELL adminstration he has..........with the stupid mouth pieces he uses..........

There is not a chance in HELL I would republican again after that  Impeachment farce.   He was guilty as hell.......and you all stood there and ignored it. 

I happen to actually like Biden.....he's a good man........but I would have voted for ANY one of them  to get rid of TRUMP. 

Not because I am a "democrat" or a "Liberal"........but because I am an AMERICAN,  and Trump is freaking   APPALLING. 

• Ken S

Very simply republicans are for businesses over people and dems are for people over businesses. Nothing could get me to switch parties

• Ken S

When will you realize that business has to pay for the business that they do. Destroying the environment, lakes,streams,oceans, not paying people a living wage with a goal of exploitation and maximum profit.They need rules and people need protection

Was from a Republican voting family.  My first time able to vote for president, in boot camp a large Marine with a very heavy stick forced me to vote for Nixon.  That cured me of Republican voting.

Technically, I'm a Libertarian, but I totally side with the Republicans.

It took me years to figure out why, but I finally figured it out.  Personal Responsibility.

Almost every position of the Democrat Party is about avoiding personal responsibility.  Take their two biggest hot button issues, Abortion and Health Care.

Abortion is entirely about avoiding personal responsibility.  Unfortunately, a baby must die to avoid that responsibility.

On Healthcare, the Democrat position is entirely about making someone else financially responsible for your healthcare.

Another issue...guns.  Democrat hate guns because it enables people to be responsible for their own security, protection and freedom.  Democrats think only the government should do that, not the people.  They are making others responsible for our safety.

• Judith

you are disabled or not too bright or grew up poor and in a home with no father and a lousy inner city school.  Republicans give no leeway & think everyone should be judged by their own standards.  They lack empathy and compassion.

No. 

Nothing. 

Nothing.