Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Will smoking weed while breastfeeding hurt the baby ?

I know this is none of my business but it bothers me to the point it makes me angry. This girl just had her baby a couple weeks ago. She breastfeeds and smokes weed at the same time. She also let someone put cheesecake in her baby’s mouth. WITH THEIR FINGER. Who knows if that finger was clean or not. I’m worried he’s going to get hurt. He’s nowhere near old enough to be eating solid foods. It wasn’t just a taste, it was a whole piece. 

Oh my god.

Call the CPS. 

This isn't safe for her baby.

This woman doesn't deserve her daughter, this is child endangerment.

The chemicals will trransfer into the milk and into the poor baby, so lease take action.

Ugh, that is so trashy and a mother should NOT be smoking marijuana while breastfeeding and a baby does NOT need to eat cheesecake either.

It makes the baby mellow man.

Yes the chemicals in the weed will transfer to the baby, while it is okay for adults, we do not know the affect on an baby so I would place an anonymous call to CPS and have this checked out.  She is at the very least neglecting the child if not outright abuse.  You are right to be concerned.

Yes, the chemicals in the marijuana are in her breast milk and being fed to the baby.  This can poison the baby in some cases.  Make an anonymous call to CYS and report her.  At the very least this will get the baby a thorough physical exam and medical care.

Yeah, she needs to be reported to CPS. The THC in weed definitely crosses into breast milk and is dangerous to an infant/child. This sounds like a true case of child endangerment and if you've actually witnessed this behavior should place a call to Child protective services because this is no joke.