Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Need some advice?

Hi all, I just need a little advice. I don’t want to go into too much background or detail, but there’s a guy I talk to and we have a LOT of history. He’s been gone for a few months doing things, and I haven’t seen him since. We’ve talked back and forth but it’s been slow replies and such. We still act friendly but it’s kind of strange. I’ve been thinking about reaching out to him and just telling him honestly he doesn’t have to talk to me if he doesn’t want to.

So here’s my question: should I send him a text/snapchat and tell him that if he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore that he shouldn’t force himself? Do you think this is a good idea, or do you think this may lead to something bad?

I wouldn’t mind being his friend if possible, but not if he has to force himself to be my friend (which I don’t think he’d do, but worst case scenario). I would of course be a little hurt if he didn’t want to talk anymore, but I’d respect his decision and distance myself from him immediately.

Thank you to anyone with some good advice.

Favorite Answer

If he didn’t want to talk anymore I don’t think he would make the effort to reply or imitate communication. There’s no reason to ask him, if a man wants to do something he’ll do it so him communicating is him wanting to talk with you/continue to be friends.

Maybe just let him make the first move, and don't look desperate by saying all that strange "if you don't want to talk to me anymore" stuff.

My advice is that when the right person comes along, you will know.