Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How do I have a good summer even if I can't go to celebrations with people which is my summer highlight each year?

I think I may even have to cancel the family reunion I do each year. I already plan to postpone it to August, possibly will have to cancel. 

I worry about if I have a bad summer or a bad Christmas, it is part of my Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Disappointed becomes devastated. Also, I often don't know if I had a good or bad summer, reunion, Christmas, etc......

Favorite Answer

Just be grateful you and your family is healthy. Someone is losing a family member ever hour of the day. Be grateful for what have and know you can have worse problems! Compare not being able to attend a party with having a disease, fighting for your life, losing a family member, losing your job and not being to pay your mortgage, not having basics like enough food to eat or a safe home to live in. Again, there are much more worse problems and you whining about this constantly here kind of shows how self-involved you are. You don't think of anyone else, just about yourself and your parties and reunions.