Anonymous

Why do you think my company doesn't get rid of me when I feel like I'm not a very good employee?

Here are a list of things I've done:

-I accidentally deleted a $50,000 invoice and other documents that shouldn't have been deleted

-I would say everyday it seems like at least one client is complaining towards me

My manager never really complains towards me ever. I've been at the company for about a year. He's never really acted really mad or said anything that's really negative. He just kind of leaves me be all the time.

The only thing I can think of is maybe my company has a bad reputation and lots of people aren't good employees.

Rehiring an employee is extremely expensive so most companies avoid it all costs. As far as deleting a $50k invoice, you shouldn’t hold all of the blame for that. There should be better internal processes in place to prevent such events from occurring and things should be backed up. As for your clients complaining about you, what is the ratio of clients giving positive feedback vs constructive feedback? For example, 1/50 clients mad at you is not a bad ratio! 

• Are you in a protected class? Two protected classes? That can definitely be part of it.

Age

Pregnancy

National Origin

Race

Ethnic Background

Religious Beliefs

Sexual Orientation

• Judy

maybe you aren't as bad as you think you are.

Scary isn't it that among your coworkers you might appear one of the better ones.