Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 months ago

How can a single mother receive state aid for a new born baby, she earns minimum wage?

How can a single mother receive state aid for a new born baby, she earns minimum wage? She cannot get any child support from the father, because he lives in (Russia) a country that does not have a child support treaty with the USA. He is not a US national (he is a Russian national). His name is not on the birth certificate. As as soon as she told him she was pregnant he moved back to Russia and took all his assets from the United States to Russia. He has no assets in the United States.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

She should have thought about this before having sex with someone she wasn't married to. Why should I be expected to pay for her mistake?

• 10 months ago

She filld out the forms and applies. 

The state will try to find the father. They will likely be unsuccessful. She will receive assistance. 

No adult needs to work for minimum wage, so the first thing to do is find a better paying job. Every single warehouse in my area, for instance, pays at least double the federal minimum wage. 

• 10 months ago

I woman in those straights will have difficulty paying her hospital bill for the delivery of the child. The hospital has staff that are specifically trained to interface and introduce new mothers to  local social services. Since mom can't pay her bill, she will meet that staff and they will point her in the right direction.

• 10 months ago

She can apply for medical assitance, food stamps..

There are housing programs.

There are cash assistance programs, but if she is working, she may not be eligible for that.   There are limits on cash assistance.

She can get childcare assistance.

She can also look for a better job.

Theres no program that pays child support in the event of an absent father, if thats what you're asking.   If that was the case, many low-income women would just pop out "fatherless" children like pez dispensers, and deny knowing who the father is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Once again, you certain have trampy friends.  Hundreds of questions, same general topic.

He's not on the birth certificate?  Then he's not the legal father.  Mommy was even more stupid than the women you usually post about, and I didn't think that was possible.

Mommy goes to her local State aid office and applies.

HE'S NOT THE ADJUDICATED FATHER.  SHE COULDN'T COLLECT FROM HIM IF HE WERE IN THE US, COVERED IN DIAMONDS.  IT'S THAT SIMPLE.  WHAT PART OF THIS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

She applies for benefits as a single mother, just like all the other times you asked this.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.