am i eligible for stimulus check as 17 y/o independent ?

both of my parents are on social security disability and therefore don’t file for taxes or file me as a dependent. i worked through 2017 2018 and 2019 and filed for taxes for 2017 and 2018 obviously haven’t been able to get my returns in for 19 yet. can i expect my own 1200?

Are you actually not a dependent though? Did you file as a non dependent? Do you pay over half your own support? Them not claiming you does not mean you are not a dependent, nor does the mere fact of you working.

• Shay

If someone can claim you as a dependent - then you CAN NOT claim yourself even if the other person didn't claim you as a dependent.

You do not qualify for the stimulus payment.

BTW - "independent" is not a filing status.

If you have not been marking that someone could claim  you as a dependent - then you have been doing your taxes wrong.  The IRS might catch this and if they do - you might owe back some of the refunds you may have gotten in the past.  It doesn't matter if they did claim you.  What matters is that they could claim you.  

No.  Children do not get them.  ADULTS get them.  Working - income earning adults.  However, you might qualify for a tax credit.

• Judy

most likely yes.