promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Is it true that there are Christians who are openly gay? And do they get harrassed by other Christians?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

it is true that there are openly gay people who claim to be christians. I would think they would be told about it

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A person can battle homosexual activity and other sins using the rosary and fasting. Simply having same-sex attraction is not in itself sinful; sins of homosexual lust are sins. There is also no such thing as a gay marriage.

• 2 months ago

Sure, many thousands are, and that's in the US alone, in Europe an South America, many more, perhaps 100s of thousands. And yes, sometimes they do get harassed , kicked out of churches, and sometimes murdered, by some (by no means all) other Christians. 

• 2 months ago

No.  A Christian who had an attraction to the same sex would not be open about it; at least not on purpose.  He/she would know it was offensive to other Christians and would try to keep it under wraps.  He/she would pray continually about the situation as all real  Christians do about besetting sins. He/she would do their best to avoid practicing or promoting the lifestyle.  They would not be harassed by other Christians if they had difficulty behaving in an appropriate manner but they might be privately asked to leave the church.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I'm married to one, and there are even openly gay Muslims out there too.

FYI:  My husband's priest gave him a set of rainbow rosary beads as a wedding gift!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.