Does pollyamory even need a name?

No shame or hate for what you want to do with your life and pants but wasn't that just called being slutty back in the day? Be it pan, bi, or anything else, doing a bunch of people was just called doing a bunch of people.

Why does it need an identity with a name and political cause now?

• reme_1

Why do you need a name for just being a horny individual and doing everybody.

Yes, it needs a name. Being poly DOES NOT equal promiscuity. And even if someone was slutty, that's their prerogative and their business. And poly relationships are just like monogamous relationships, just with 1 or more people

I would kind of question why anyone would use the word slutty in the first place.  When I was young I ran with a group of friends who had a lot of sex with a lot of different people.  I would never have thought of any of them as slutty!  The only one who worried me was a guy on the fringe of the group who rather than being upfront used to lie to get people into bed!  Again what goes on between consenting adults is no one else's business!