Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Does Islam have the best guidelines for all our gender problems?

Even men have so many guidelines to follow in Islam. They also have many restrictions. 

So it is not misogynistic. 

@ kowabunga - thanks for your answer. My question was about gender relations in Islam

Favorite Answer

It has great guidelines. Just because you don't need religion and already a good kid since day one doesn't mean religion or Islam is bad for everyone else. Lots of old criminals, drug addicts, pimps  and pornstars turn to religion or become priest because they need the rules and some thing positive to change their lives. I am a drug addict on opiates, pain killers or heroin and have been dealing with addiction on and off for 10 years, people like me need religion and it changes our lives. I am a Muslim convert and haven't been following a long lately and sinning and I make the sins that actually can screw up my life.

Plus Islam is a great religion, they even do Ramadan where they don't eat or drink or do any substance all day to see what it feels like to be starving people and people on the street and poor families not being able to afford food all the time so they can become more humble and relate to the less fortunate. And at the time of Ramadan they donate food and money to the less fortunate. 

• Zirp

What guidelines are we talking about?

The one that says women can't deny their husband sex?

The one that says muslim men can marry a jewish or christian woman but muslim girls can only marry a muslim man?

Or the practice of forcing women to stay virgins until marriage while the males can shag dozens of women before marriage?

Or maybe the part of the Quran that says a woman's testimony is worth half the testimony of a man?

Or the custom in Saudi Arabia that if a woman reports having been raped, SHE goes to jail for sex outside marriage.

What exactly do you mean "not misogynistic"?

Are you talking about Islam, or certain Islamic cultures?  There's a difference, and you forgot to say which one.

I've got several Muslim buddies at work, and they would rather die than allow any kind of harm to come to their wives / girlfriends.  According to them, every woman is a daughter, a mother, a sister, and should be respected accordingly.  

I also have met several Muslim men from other cultures, and they see women as inferior beings and property.  Those same men also openly denounce my country's way of life and cultural values, and it's all I can do to tolerate their presence.  I've actually told several of them to get the hell out of my country.

See how it works?  Religion and culture are two totally different things.

• Kowabunga

Same bro. In islam they call all their fellow Male and female, brothers and sisters