promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is calling my mother a "hypocrite" wrong?

She seems to have this notion that if me or any of siblings call her out on something wrong, we're being disrespectful and she threatens to hit us if we ever do it again. I don't think that this is being disrespectful because she is actually a hypocrite. For example, she threatens to slap us (and has done it) if we don't wear socks in the house because she thinks it is somehow going to protect us from getting sick with this whole covid thing going on; yet she almost never wears socks. And when my brother called her out on it, she hit him and blew up and starting yelling that he was being disrespectful. However, I don't think he was wrong because she does this a lot and always threatens to hit us for it even if we simply forget to do one of the things she asks us, like socks.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No, what you describe does sound hypocritical. 

So what are you going to do now that someone has agreed that she's hypocritical? How does this help you?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yes, its wrong and so is hitting you, i would call cps

• Juan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

There seemed to be the opus dei thread of castration also according to the turk Carlos Saul Menrm inbetween those days universal disaster from 1969 tiol 1993

• dman63
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She’s being a hypocrite and you’re right to call her on it...and she has NO business hitting you.  She’s being both physically and verbally abusive, and you need to sit her down (maybe with an objective third party) and make it clear that what she’s doing is wrong and needs to stop.  NOW.

• Fireplace
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

That is NOT how it works with physically abusive parents. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Rather than call her names, try reminding her respectfully that she is your major example and role model, so you are going barefoot because she does. The virus pandemic is not transferred from one family member to another through feet, of course! Is it possible that her own mother was this way when she was around the age you are now? In a quiet period take her back to when she was your age and how she felt when treated unkindly by her parents. Do this sincerely with genuine interest - probably best not during an argument. That said, it might perhaps be effective when emotions are high. It is usually better to ask questions than to say things.  

Good Luck!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Parents often don't practice what they preach.

• Kristen2 months agoReport

Are we in the wrong though? or is she

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.