What do you think of people who brag about watching an entire season in 3 days?

I see this a lot. People like to brag about how they read Game of Thrones in one or two nights, or watched an entire season of Ozark in 3 days. Am I supposed to be impressed? It's like they're bragging. Why is that brag-worthy? It hear it over and over again, and just wondered what you think of such people? I, for one, like to take my time, and get the most out of it.

For those easily sidetracked. This is not a discussion about Game of Thrones. Yes I KNOW "Game of Thrones" is a TV show on HBO, and "A Game of Thrones" is the first book in the series "a song of ice and fire". Nobody cares. Answer the intent of the question, please. Or move on.

Favorite Answer

I'm genuinely impressed, my friend watched all the harry potters back to back. I aspire to have that dedication.

Anyone who brags about reading Game of Thrones in one or two nights is lying because Game of Thrones is the name of the TV show.  The first book in the series A Song of Fire and Ice is called A Game of Thrones, not Game of Thrones, and my copy is 835 pages of tiny print, so nobody's reading that in just one or two nights.  I'm a fast reader and it took me more than a week of more than just nights to read it, more like two, because it's extremely complicated and introduces literally hundreds of characters whose names you have to try and remember and keep straight in your mind, but that's impossible to always do, so you have to keep flipping back to try and remember who this person they're talking about is so that you can keep the story straight. But even if that weren't true, nobody's getting through 835 pages of tiny print in a night or two.

• Ed2 months agoReport

Why are you pretending to be the person who wrote the comment? Get a life, Nancy.