Chris asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

How come so many people have a dislike or say don't prefer to hang out with people who are overly healthy?

Ok so here's my situation. I joined a golf course this year, and before I had joined there well I was a pretty strict eater and lifestyle guy. Then once I joined the course I got relaxed and would have beers after each round with the guys. Near the end of the year I decided it was time to stop doing that and getting back in shape, going to the gym and getting back to where I was at before I joined the golf club. Ever since then certain individuals who liked having me around don't seem to like me as much anymore. They were way more outgoing with me when I was having beers with them but now since I'm back into being fit its like they feel offended when I'm around.

What is the issue? If someone wants to eat a certain way or not have a beer with me I still like them if I liked them before.

Sounds like they want drinking buddies so they liked having you around when you drank but not so much now. 

Perhaps you make them feel a bit guilty for being less healthy, or they think that you feel superior because you're making healthier choices.  Maybe they don't want to let their guard down and relax while you stay sober.  Maybe part of their motivation for joing the club was to have drinking buddies.  None of which is your fault, you do your thing and be healthy.