promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

Will the U.S economy suffer if DACA is eliminated?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

those illegals will

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That'll depend on what else goes along with it. The state with the most DACA recipients also has laws that basically decriminalize being illegal in the US (contrary to the Supremacy Clause, I know). So unless the federal government also went after the sanctuary states it probably wouldn't mean much as those states would still allow employers to hire such people.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. It takes away one incentive for illegal immigration. That will improve the economy. More money in my paycheck for me to spend. More jobs for everyone. Wages will go up.

• 2 months ago

No, just the opposite. US economy will benefit by ending DACA & ordering all DACA recipients to return to their own countries - with all illegal-alien family members, and permanent bar to reentry for all of them. These illegal aliens have been costing Americans over a trillion dollars a year every year since at least 2002.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

No, it won't.

Note that Trump tried to give a path to legal status to DACA people in 2018 but the Democrats voted against the proposed law in order to prevent him from getting a "win". 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.