how do you feel good about yourself when you have been through a lot?

you have been through a lot with people, people have put you through a lot?

this is me, i'm a 42 year old man who has been through hell with other people in my adult life and late teenagehood.....- suffered physical attacks, being bullied, belittled, demeaned, taken advantaged of....been to prison, a mental hospital, been homeless.......suffered mental problems and as a result,  never found relationships, never had a female partner.

i now live alone in a 3rd floor council flat in a 4 story apartment building, living a lonely isolated life with my only support being my elderly parents who live far...

tell me, how can i feel good about who i am, believe in my self, not feel angry constantly and bitter, have hate in my heart and vengeance - when all that has happened to me?

Favorite Answer

I was brutally beaten as a child, my head pounded on walls. emotionally, sexually and physically abused.

That was THEN. This is now. RIGHT NOW, i'm safe, an adult and live my life with presence.

I've told you this before, but you just don't listen.

• Patricia

Ravenhill, i just hope you can work on self-improvement and self-help.  It honestly works very well!  It takes effort and time, but you can do it. If i could, you can too.  All the best to you! 

I have read this question of yours several times, and I and others have made various suggestions to you. So why has nothing changed at all over the months? Are you just using your past difficulties as an excuse not to take action? Are your problems a crutch to enable you to limp and have people feel sorry for you, rather than making efforts to strengthen yourself?

Look back at your previous answers!