promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Are people treated with Trump's beloved chloroquine as we speak?

And did some recover or die on it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

At first I believed the news coming out of France regarding chloroquine and thought it can't hurt trying it on those dying, but over the last two days the French's new cases and deaths have risen sharply in line with Italy and Spain, if the French are giving it out, it clearly doesn't work.

• France sanctioned it as a treatment on March 29.  Get out of ther Yahoo bubble.  https://www.dailywire.com/news/france-officially-sanctions-drug-after-78-of-80-patients-recover-from-covid-19-within-five-days

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Rumor is that Boris Johnson was treated with it.  Trump offered him some because they don't have it in the UK.  Johnson was treated with something in the hospital, but nobody is telling.

• In 2005, chloroquine was proven to be an effective treatment for SARS-coronavirus.     https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1232869/

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are some clinical trials going on so it's too soon to know the results.  Trump is relying on anecdotal reports but they are very different from clinical trials.  

• 2 months ago

Some took his advice. They died.

But Trump does have a financial interest in chloroquine, so he’ll keep pushing it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I once had it for malaria (which is now resistant to it in most parts of the world) somehow I don't think it would work on a virus. Not surprised we haven't heard much more about it.

• Green Brick
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

I heard it was a banned product after it gave some seriously worrying side affects in people that took it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.