Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

Broken bone(s)?

So.....

Getting ready for work this morning, and shut my hand in a door. My two end fingers are a bit purple and swollen. The i ran to get a ice pace, and smashed my pinky toe on a door frame. It is aaaaaaagony, I can’t put on a shoe, and it’s purple and swollen. I would like anyone with broken finger and toe experiences to tell me if any of my injuries sound like breaks. 

Thanks for finger info, could do with toe advice. My toe is black and purple, has a lump, and the purple has spread the whole way up the side of my foot

• Barry
    Favorite Answer

Only an x-ray can tell for sure. The usual treatment is to tape the damaged finger(s) to it's neighbour.

• Joe

Yeah; I think Barry's got this.  Bruises and soft tissue damage, for sure.  Stick with the ice, and re-evaluate when the swelling goes down a bit.  These days, you really don't want to go to a hospital if you don't have to.

Just tape the fingers and the toe. Your toe is broken, your fingers are probably sprained 

Source(s): Currently nursing broken pinky toe