Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Why do women not care about how intelligence a guy is unless they are sexually attracted to him ?

Women claim to love intelligent men but it only seems that they like intelligent men who are ALSO good looking/charismatic. They don’t like intelligence by default, they like it when combined with other desirable traits. So why lie about it? 

“I love smart guys” really just means “I love smart guys who are good looking and tall and funny and charismatic and romantic”

• lover

They look other intelligence.

I think that you're looking at this with one point of view. Not all women are into guys for their looks. Of course we need to feel attract to that person look can mean many ways like how they dress, if they wear glasses, tall, eye color, the way they simile and etc.. But we value their personalities as well. For me I like guys when they dress professionally, if they wear glass, tall, brown/black eyes, smile, but I also like it when they treat others with respect, make other people laugh, smart, and have the mindset to admit that they're wrong and willing to learn. And I don't lie about what I want in a man but he don't have to look buffed, with everything being perfect. Also, I'm a believer of falling in love with that person's soul rather than just their looks so I will spend several days, months, years getting to know them in deeper level before actually having sex with them. This is just me. 

Honestly, we have to be attracted to someone's looks in order to like them romantically to begin with - personality and everything is good but only when you consider that guy a friend. When you're attracted to their looks and their personality is also to your liking - that's when sparks fly. Whereas if it were just looks, no go. Same as if it were just personality, no go - friendship route is the way we go when we like a guy's personality only.

We're complex, and it's harsh. But it's just the way it is, you'll be attractive to someone eventually because everyone has a preference when it comes to looks. Don't take yourself for granted though by the girls who are only in it for the looks, ask them straight up if I were you.

"Are you attracted to me, looks wise?" If she says no, you know she's in it for the friendship.

You're talking about women as if they're attracted to one single thing.  I've dated, befriended, fallen in love with, married and just plain slept with enough women to know that's not how they work.

Guys can be attracted to one thing (or usually two things), and that's all it takes for us.  If she doesn't have a penis, that's attractive enough for us and everything else is negotiable.  Women are more complex than that.

No guy ever got laid because he was smart, or talented, or had nice pectorals, or even because he was good looking.  Women need more than one reason to be attracted to a guy.

My partner is balding and has a big belly and is not wealthy by any means. He dresses like a country bumpkin. But he is intellectually BRILLIANT and could debate anybody right out of town. I find this quality more compelling than anything else about him. It is the primary source of my attraction to him. We have been together for over 15 years. 

So, the premise of your question is invalid.

A lot of women are shy about admitting they care about looks, etc. They don't want to sound shallow or they're afraid of being judged.

"Why do women not care about how intelligence a guy is unless they are sexually attracted to him ?"

Attraction matters, bro. That's just the way it is. 

Honestly though, I think a lot of young men are given terrible advice when it comes to attracting women and what women are like. One of the myths seems to be that women don't care about looks.

• Helen

Yes! That is 100% accurate!

The entire basis of being in a relationship is chemistry and sexual attraction. NO ONE dates a person they are not sexually attracted to. 

An intelligent guy with a sexier mind than his physical appearance, so hot. I honestly believe, a creative clever brained and like-minded guy who uses his brain to learn something new and self-educate to increase his knowledge and understanding about things he wants to learn about, and is someone who’s willing to admit that he doesn't know everything is a guy I'd feel content to call my future husband.

• Merry

I am in my late 40's and this is what I know to be true of the women I know...

Intelligence comes in many forms. 

Being book smart does not make you attractive to a women. Being emotionally smart and confident in who you are, having empathy, kindness, honesty and integrity are the sexist most good looking & charismatic qualities there are. 

So yes... women like intelligence when combined with other desirable traits... 

Just be clear about what those desirable traits are & be realistic - attraction & sexual chemistry matters to both men and women, that spark makes a big difference - but chemistry & attraction is not what sustains a relationship.

There are plenty of smart but average looking or ugly men out there who are happily married, dear.

Logic fail.