promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I want to be a model, either a runway or editorial model, but I don’t think I can?

First off, I’m 5’4, which is way too short. And I am a Muslim, so I have to cover most of my body, (but I don’t think I’ll be covering my hair). Is is possible or highly likely for me to get into the modeling industry? And also, is there a way I can tell a modeling agency before I get in,(if I do), about my situation and my background? I don’t want to wear something against my religion.

Thank you!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

1. "too short" 

2. "I don’t want to wear something against my religion." 

I don't think modeling is in your future. It is a tough business and most people only last a few years at most.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I've seen photos of Muslim girls in fashion shoots in magazines here in the UK. They were wearing headscarves but not a full burka.

• Judy
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Maybe a hair model if you have good hair or a hand model or model eyeglasses and sun glasses if you have good facial features.

• 2 months ago

You answered the question yourself, you are not the required height for runway models, try to contact some of them and see what they will answer you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Carol
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You could always model burkas

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

To be a catwalk model you need to be  at least 5'8; also you can't dictate what you will and won't wear; sadly you do as you're told or you don't work. First of all you'll need a portfolio, which can be very expensive - no respectable agency will give you an interview without one.

Iman Bowie is a Muslim. have you ever seen her work or is she too much before your time?

If you want to stay covered up you're not going to get very far Hun. But if it's your dream it's worth a try.

Source(s): Ex model.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not going to happen.

• 2 months ago

I think you could do it. There are plenty of short models. But you'll have to be willing to wear things outside of your religion because i think they will make you wear whatever they want you to wear. 

• Kev
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

It’s unlikely.......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.