Why is high end makeup not more creative and pretty?

The makeup industry is a trilion dollar industry. Yet, since I have been using high end makeup, I have noticed how very little creativity these companies have. Sometimes they do come with something beautiful like those Guerlain Meteorites, Dior Lip Scrubs,... but they are not new ideas. Do these companies realise I would buy a lot more if they with more fun and pretty limited editions with stuff we actually want? All I see is glue-like lipglosses in ugly shades, orangey lipsticks already melting in the shop, warm tones eye pallets, the same blush colors over and over and over. Not even suitable for most skin, with too many blue undertones and glitter. There is sooo much you can do with makeup and there are so many pretty themes, colors and packaging to get women buying! I have also noticed drugstore makeup starting to become worse and worse. Why is that? One of the most powerful businesses, so boring and lacking creativity?

The makeup industry is not regulated - they put every possible toxins in their products and you pollute your body with it. My suggestion is to make your own makeup or use your natural beauty. Remember: Don't put something on your skin what you would not eat!

Do you really think you look better with makeup on...high end or not?

There's a business opportunity for you.

• Angelina J.2 months agoReport

Maybe yeah, I should be a product advisor or maybe I should start my own brand. But it is exactly these very big rich companies that have the means to bring out new lines every year. I have to admit that the quality of high end makeup is outstanding. Maybe most of the money goes to that.