jared
jared asked in SportsBaseball · 2 months ago

Will MLB be the FIRST national sports league to return amid the coronavirus crisis ?

• Bob
    Favorite Answer

No, I think the NBA will come back first.

The whole real sports - Professional Wrestling - hasn't stopped yet !! 

Both the NBA and NHL were nearing the end of their respective seasons so I wouldn't be surprised if they went right into the postseason if/when play resumes.

If that's the case they'll be playing real games while MLB is going through a second spring training.

i saw gibbs mention NASCAR but I don't consider auto racing a sport, much less a national sport. If you look at the schedule you'll see that the majority of the events are held in the South and East so I think it's more of a regional sport designed for people who have trouble grasping the intricacies of baseball, football, basketball and hockey.

NASCAR will be first the first large scale sport to return. No spring training type activities needed.

• Kyle

and do a two month season?  or four months and only play in spring training locations?  restrict travel and movement among players and teams?

i still don't think sports should resume until travel and mass gathering restrictions are lifted.  e.g. the shelter in place laws are lifted.  

• David

I'd love to see it. And Detroit should dedicate their Opening Day to Mr. Tiger, Al Kaline.