What is wrong with this sentence?

"I was at an interview and my interviewer asked me where I get my news from." 

Grammarly says it two errors: punctuation in compound/complex sentences and it is an inappropriate colloquialism. 

• geezer

I was at an interview, and my interviewer asked me where I got my news from.

• RP

It could be, while being interviewed, the interviewer (or I was) asked where I get my news. That would resolve the issues identified.

• blank

THANK YOU!!   Have been toying with purchasing Grammarly - appreciate you helping me save my money.   If Grammarly cannot help you fix that sentence, it is not worth the money.  Try this (?)

During my interview I was asked, "Where do you get your news?"    OR

My interviewer asked where do I get my news.

In either version - either the "interview" or "interviewer" are implied by the context.   Certainly additional context of a conversation or text would be clear you went to an interview - so the second sentence would be my preference.

IF you want to use your original sentence - add a comma after "interview."  Then "do" after "where" and drop the from (never end a sentence with a preposition in PROPER English.  Although it is done ALL the time in commom speach."

Hope I have been able to help you as much as you helped me!  =_)

The punctuation error is that you need a comma before "and" when you are using it to join two clauses together.

The colloquialism is "get". "Get" occurs in many expressions that are considered too informal for formal, academic writing.

Also, stringing clauses together with "and" is a sign of immature writing. 

"In a job interview, the interviewer asked what sources of news I regularly use."

Technically it should be “the interviewer asked me from where I get my news.” That’s the inappropriate colloquialism. You’d likely not say that in real life but it’s correct sentence structure. You could put a comma before the and, if you like the Oxford comma, but that’s up for debate.

" I was in an interview and the interviewer asked me  where I got my news from"

(in sounds better than at , but both are correct)

(my is possessive and the interviewer is not a property) 

and the major grammar mistake is in the reported speech form he asked you: " Where do you get your news from?" in the reported speech the present becomes past ==> He asked me where I got my news from." 

• Norman

What does Grammarly know? It sounds ok to me.

• fcas80

Insert a comma after interview.

In formal writing one should not end a sentence with a preposition.