What's the difference between Old Covenant & New Covenant besides one under law & one under grace? What's the difference between law & grace?

• Doug

Law, which is a measure of our limited abilities and proclivities, never had the power to save a soul from eternal damnation. Grace, which is a measure of God's inestimable love and infinite mercy, does have the power to save souls.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • Norine2 months agoReport

Only if we "keep His Word" (I Jn 2:3-5) and allow His "grace, love & mercy" QUICKEN (I Cor 15:45; Eph 2:1) our DEAD spirit (Rm 5:12-14; I Cor 15:21-22) to receive by His "POWER that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5). 

• daniel

law is the one given through Moses by the God of the Bible.  thru law people who live by the law know what sin is.

Grace is given by Jesus.  He died for us on the cross. for our sins.

What islam does is by law.  No grace for them for they rejected Jesus' forgiveness and they deny Jesus died for them

• Norine2 months agoReport

Only if we "keep His Word" (I Jn 2:3-5) and allow His "grace, love & mercy" QUICKEN (I Cor 15:45; Eph 2:1) our DEAD spirit (Rm 5:12-14; I Cor 15:21-22) to receive by His "POWER that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) or just like Islam.

Matthew

5:17 Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill

5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

• Norine2 months agoReport

Water baptism was fulfilled "Repenting; Believing Jesus was coming" (Acts 19:4).  Setting up tables was fulfilled (I Cor 10:3-4)!

Why do you keep believing UNDER THE LAW that was fulfilled as Jesus promised?

Invest in a dictionary because it seems you are trying to get us to change the meaning of words. Gods law is the 10 commands. To that the Levites added over 300 laws that included cultural genocide and human sacrifice. The 10 commandments are moral, what was added by the priests was often racist and immoral. Jesus came to change that and his many discussions with scribes and pharisees clearly show that. The law demanded the death of the law breaker. Jesus came and died in our place, thats grace. We receive Gods grace by accepting Jesus sacrifice and deciding to live our lives as He did

• Norine2 months agoReport

That's the difference in the Old Covenant of MEN PHYSICALLY WORKING vs the New Covenant wherein GOD [is] SPIRITUALLY WORKING in us! 

The New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old Testament. Read Hebrews chapters 9 and 10 out loud slowly and carefully.

Mat 5:17-19 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

• Norine2 months agoReport

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrews 10:29-31)!

The law simply shows men that they are sinful by nature because they struggle to keep the simplest of them. Grace is what God offers man so that he no longer has to suffer the consequences of his sinful nature.

• Norine2 months agoReport

Romans 5:1-2 says we only have ***ACCESS*** into this grace"

Have you ever wondered how we gain ***ACCESS*** into this grace?

The Old Covenant is from ancient folklore and myth...

The New Covenant is more recent bullshit...

Thanks for asking...

And good morning Norine...

• Norine2 months agoReport

Now the world is BRAINWASHED with THEIR doctrine with beliefs sending them straight to HELL as "dead spirits" (Ezk 37; Mk 12:27) although Jesus said "You must be born again of the spirit" (Jn 3:5-7) by His "Power that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:8). 

Law is believing in the Bible and following its laws. Grace is following the Holy Spirit.

• Norine2 months agoReport

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets" (Amos 3:7)!

"Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?" (I Kings 3:9)