Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

If you were getting married and your fiance referred to you as "the roommate" to someone they met at a bar, how would you feel?

Betrayed.Thats a bad deal.You are her fiance so remind her.

ME? I would feel Lucky for dodging that bullet, Guilty, for the next girl, and Anywhere from 160!to 200ish pounds Lighter.  HIM, He would be felling SINGLE!

I would feel very disrespected and offended. There's no reason why an engagement should be kept a secret. I just don't see why that needs to be hidden.

thats a bed jumper

this is really sad ...thats not love at all

• lover

roommate can we have sex please,

joke

he likes you very much cant wait to marry you, want to tell whole world

I would suggest you have a long talk w/ the fiancee. That seems very disrespectful to me. In my opinion an apology is in order. Does he/ she really want to get married?

• funnel

Yeah, but is an apology just an excuse in this case?

I’d express how it made me feel and I would calmly and kindly ask my fiancé why he or she introduced me as a roommate when we have clearly become more than roommates. I’d ask my fiancé to please be honest with me even if the truth is going to hurt me because I’d rather get hurt now than later on after we’re married.

Curious...

Are you strictly referring to fiance (masculine) as opposed to fiancee (feminine)?

Source(s): Myself

I wouldn't think anything of it. the idea of getting married probably hasn't sunk in. I'll be more concerned if she said it after we were married.  

If you gave her a ring, asked her to marry you and she said yes and then in public, at a bar she calls you her roommate, you might want to point out to whoever she is talking to that she has a ring on her finger and YOU gave it to her.