Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

Would you be willing to eat a vegan diet during this pandemic or would you rather starve?

Grocery stores in my area are cleaned right out of meat and dairy. Not sure why people are stocking up on milk and cheese as they go bad. Would you be willing to eat a vegan diet or would you rather go hungry and starve?

I’d only be willing to eat a vegan diet if I didn’t have a choice.

I would never eat a vegan diet for any reason. Vegans are starved of some vital nutrients.

• Megumi

• Jerry

It's useless to object that the air isn't very good when there's nothing else to breath. 

No. They're out of veggies too. We're all about to be on that breathertarian diet.

That would mean you have to go shopping every week or even more frequent which is in direct violation of CDC guidelines. No, I'm not willing to kill half my city because you feel bad about animals being killed and eaten.

• Jerry

Even prior to the virus we went for groceries once in 3 weeks. We eat fresh veg, fresh/dried fruit with every meal. If you know what to buy, you needn't shop weekly. Get cabbage, carrots, root veggies, winter squash! (No Thumbs.)

• If no choice, yes, but I wouldn't be happy about it as my options would be severely limited. A vegan diet paired with having to eat low FODMAP does not work well. 

• Daisy

You mean eat peas, beans, legumes, potatoes, rice, tomatoes, fruit, etc? Sure. I eat those all of the time....with meat.

But the idea of starving instead of eating foods most of eat every day is just.....silly.

• Jerry

Exactly. Thumbs up. 

Extraordinary question! Especially in this time of emergency when people are losing loved ones to virus: ask your parents is they would rather you died than eat healthily.

Meat and dairy products aren’t cleaned out because of panic buying. Processing plants are not running at full capacity. My cousins own a dairy farm and they have to spill most of their milk because now they’re only able to sell a certain amount of it to processors. 

im not picky about what i eat