Should I post a statement about my breakup?

My ex boyfriend contacted me today, upset that my friends have said things about him, mostly about our breakup and how the breakup was handled. My ex asked me to post something on Facebook that he was blameless and did nothing to me to cause the breakup, despite his asking to break up with me. 

I want to avoid any drama and I told him this was not necessary and to let it go, after all people will talk regardless of what I post. He is still begging me to stick up for him. What should I do?

It is not your job to stick up for him anymore. I have experienced this and went out of my way to make sure that my ex felt comfortable. I even went against my own friends telling them to just leave him alone, that he was blameless and if there was anyone to blame it was me. In all honesty, I believe posting would only cause more drama. I think it is just something that he should let go.