Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

No one is checking if I’m ok in this isolation time, am forgotten. Ways to cope?

I have sent “hi, how are you?” Messges and been ignored..

Guess people do not care

I am being ignored and feeling like crap

If you READ my update you’ll see I have  checked in to a few people and got zero or cold, uninterested replies..

Do not bother answering unless you READ the question please

I am female!!!!!!!

In 40s, not a man..

I find yoga does wonders for me.

Also, alcohol.

i would just pray if you need someone to talk to

• Ann

Okay--you asked about ways to deal with this situation.  I'm going to give you the $150 session for free, because I think you might try to work on things in your life to help you feel better.  You don't say anything about how old you are, where you are, or what you do.  I get the feeling you're male, maybe in your 30's.  I don't know what your occupation is, but I get the feeling you don't really relate to people at work.  If you've gotten cold, uninterested replies to your inquiries, then maybe this is a time for introspection.  Do you not have family members who care about you,or are you alienated from them as well?  I would begin with reaching out to them, telling them that you miss being in contact with them, and that you would like to get together with them when the contact ban is lifted.  Don't bring up any past issues or whine about being lonely.  Put the focus on hoping they are coping all right and how good it would be to see them.  Next, think about your relationships at work.  Do you isolate yourself and not have much, if anything, to do with your co-workers?  If they're the ones who have sent you the cold replies, think back over the way you've interacted with them in the past, and figure out some ways you can change that.  People tend to care about those whom they feel care about them.  If the message they've gotten from you in the past is that you really don't care to be around them, then that is the reason they are ignoring what you're saying.  You could say the same thing you say to family members--that you'll be glad to see them when the stay-at-home order is lifted, and you would like to have a good relationship with them in the future. Again, don't whine about being ignored, because it's really true that we get back the feelings we've projected to others.  These are things you can work on while you're at home.  Write down a list of your positive characteristics/behaviors, and a list of negative ones.  Resolve to eliminate the negative ones, one at a time.  Don't just jump in and try to be someone you're ordinarily not.  People won't trust you at first.  You will have to earn their respect and trust.  The way you worded your last update--"Do not bother answering unless you READ the question"--is indicative of at least part of the problem.  You tend to give orders instead of asking nicely, and you use sarcasm.  Those two things are turn-offs.  If you want to be included instead of being ignored, then think about how you can sincerely reach out to others and let them know you are concerned for their well-being.  It doesn't just apply to this situation.  In the meantime, do some things outdoors in order to get some fresh air.  Don't sit in front of your computer all of the time.  Go for a walk, or just sit in the sun for a minimum of 15 minutes daily.  That is known to decrease depression. When you are outside, pay attention to things according to your five senses.  Notice the colors of things, the odors, what you hear, and if you taste anything, pay attention to the kind of taste it is, and how things physically feel--smooth or rough surfaces, e.g. This is a technique known as Mindfulness.  Call your local library and ask to be issued a library card, and then ask them to put out some books about a subject you like.  You can drive by and pick them up.  Even if you're not a particularly religious person, listen to some online Easter messages this weekend, or if you're Jewish, some messages about Passover.  Go to YouTube and download some music. If you play an instrument or sing, practice doing that.  It releases tension.  Do some exercises, and do them daily.  That will release endorphins and decrease anxiety and depression.  Start a daily journal about your feelings and actions on a daily basis, until this crisis is over.  Be honest with yourself about your anger and loneliness.  See if there's a pattern to your writing. When this is over, I would suggest that you might consider some personal therapy for yourself to help you learn to deal with relationships and to make yourself feel better instead of "feeling like crap".  I hope you will at least consider these suggestions.  Good luck to you.  

Source(s): licensed psychologist

Focus on what you can do within your own space. Reach out to family and friends, seek out your favorite movies, books and recipes. Engage in a physical activity you can do outdoors. Go online and find like-minded people so you do not feel alone. When necessary, call your mental health resources for guidance and support.

One way to cope is to stop relying on THEM to check on YOU, and check on THEM instead. Another way to cope is to stop posting anonymously just like every other troll.

you could try checking on them