promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

NBA's GOAT?

Bill Russell.

People say Kobe > Lebron. Why? 5 > 3. Jordan > Kobe. Why? 6 > 5. Russell has 11 rings in 3 less seasons than Jordan but will be lucky to rank ahead of Bird, Magic, Kareem, Lebron, Kobe, West, Shaq and a few others in an Alltime fan poll. Hell.....an Alltime sports writers polls.

Update:

Sorry. Those are your choices OBJECTIVELY. "Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't." Anything else is simply overly contrived, committee mandated, superlatively subjective funneling to appoint your favorite specific individual player to a position he does not logically deserve

Update 2:

still puts Russell at the top of the class. Two NCAA titles at that powerhouse USF. Won 8 straight titles with the Celtics (a team who'd never been to the title round b4). Won three more, head coach AND STARTING CENTER of the last two title teams. Alltime shot block king. 2nd alltime rbds. Practically invented the fast break outlet pass. Greatest defensive player in the league's history. 

Update 3:

11 rings in a 13 year career. In the two years he didn't win a ring he lost in the Conference finals the the 50ppg 26rbds pg Wilt Chamberlain Philly Warriors...and lost in the finals (injured in the Conference finals) to the Bob Pettit [another underrated top candidate) led Hawks. That you almost certainly didn't know all this of his accomplishments is why my point stands

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Check the record books, Wilt holds almost every record. He was the Babe Ruth of Basketball.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You sound like the kind of person who would blow up if someone goes against your opinion.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The answer is Bill Russell, and great Tim Duncan.

• jared
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

To ME, it's BILL RUSSELL. 11 CHAMPIONSHIPS in just 13 SEASONS. That is just DISGUSTING how you win damn near EVERY year. 11-1 in the FINALS, greatest WINNER ever. "You play to win the game !!"- Herm Edwards

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • STEVE
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Everybody is entitled to their opinion.  In my opinion, there's no clear-cut GOAT, but my top-4 (in no order) are Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.  If forced to pick one, I'd go with Wilt Chamberlain (but won't argue if anyone says Jordan, Kareem, or Lebron)

TEAMS win championships.  Saying one player is better than another because of rings honestly a terrible argument.  Sam Jones has 10 rings, Robert Horry has 7, Derek Fisher and Steve Kerr both have 5, but nobody has them in their top-whatever... and nobody says Kobe > Lebron

• Bob
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I don't think Bill Russell is the GOAT, to me it's Michael Jordan,and very few people except for diehard Laker fans and those that hate Lebron think that Kobe is better than Lebron.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Bill Russell is the best. He won 11 NBA Championships.

I am a sports fan who is a fan of 2 sports radio shows. They talk about sports topics and they take phone calls from passionate sports fans. If you are interested to call their sports radio shows than feel free. Call their morning show, and the afternoon show at 704-332-0173. It is Monday to Friday, 7am ET to 9:55am ET. Also, 3pm ET to 6:55pm ET. They would talk about any sports topics of your choice, and also if you have questions in sports or anything in general, feel free to call them.

You could call in another sports radio show Monday to Friday at 12pm ET to 12:55pm ET, 502-571-1080. They would talk about any sports topics of your choice, and also if you have questions in sports or anything in general, feel free to call them.

• 2 months ago

Let’s begin with the most obvious. From 1955 to 1961, there were 8 teams. Russel won 4 rings during that time. 

From 61-66, there were 9 teams. He won 5 rings. 

1968:  12 teams. Russell won 1 ring. 

1969:  14 teams. Russell won 1 ring. 

When Jordan played, there were 27-29 teams. 

Kobe:  29-30 teams. 

Lebron:  30 teams

You can group Jordan, Kobe, and lebron together since there were about the same number of teams and the one with more rings is the goat. 

The supporting cast. 

I think Jordan and Kobe had about the same supporting cast. Lebron probably had a weaker supporting cast. 

Russell had Cousy, Sharman, Howell, Havlicek, Embry. All hall of famers. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.