Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

How can I make homemade hard candy?

I really want to make hardened caramels at home but I am not sure how to make them. Any advice and tips are appreciated, thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

there are books on the subject and TONS of recipes on line.

Mostly you need a good candy thermometer and follow directions exactly.

google really is your friend.

google what you want to make and either check out the videos on youtube for it or look for the actual recipes. Read, Learn, educate yourself.

AND don't be afraid to try it.

Great question! They very first thing I would do is purchase a silicone mold. You can find these here: https://boldmaker.com/pages/candymolds

Using silicone molds can help save time and money. They are easy to clean and can be frozen and baked. As for recipes, a good hard candy recipe can be along the lines of something like this:

-Sugar

-Corn Syrup

-Food Coloring

-Flavoring

-WaterBasically you just melt it down, bake it, and bam!

Best thing you could do is look for a tutorial on youtube, make sure you have the equipment you need (a candy thermometer is an absolute must), and just follow the directions. You may need to try a couple of times as it is really easy to undercook or over cook your candy, leaving it either too soft or too hard, but once you get comfortable with the process, you should see good results.

you might be able to find that info online