Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

What causes being an ABDL? ?

Kinky people tend to cluster together in certain respects. There's not much existing evidence to back me up, but my personal hypothesis is that paraphilia and atypical sexuality in general comes from very high levels of neuroplasticity in and activation of certain brain regions during early development.

To spare you a more technical comment, in essence I believe that there are some people who are just born, more or less, predisposed to being kinky and different. The attraction itself, whatever it may be, comes as a result of experiences as a baby or in very early childhood. It might be the case that different types of fetish may have distinct origins. It also may be that these origins are very distinct from the developmental origins of sexual orientation. It's also possible that there is overlap between everything atypically sexual, or nothing. Who knows...but get me some grant money, a lab, IRB approval, and multiple willing sources of brain biopsies (yeah right), and we could find out!

Care to specify what the acronym means?

Edit: thanks to Google, I just got really weirded out.