Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

If God is love, why does He allow so much suffering?

I'm in my couch thinking about getting the remote. But its distance is not within my reach. There's an annoying commercial that's playing and I want to take it off by switching the channel, but laziness prevents me. Where's God's love when you need Him? Why does He allow me to suffer and endure this ugly TV commercial?

See my answers .

Interesting question and the answer is: it's because of gods don't exist.

Who turned on the TV? The answer is your difficulty, it has always been so.

Suffering filters out those who have a genuine faith in God and truly love him from those who only love him when the going is good (Job 2:10; 1Pet 1:6-7; ref Lk 16:19-24), and regrettably for you, it appears it is working exactly as designed.

There's real suffering in the world, like children being born with horrible birth defects for example.  

The possible explanations for this are:

1) no gods exist

2) The god(s) do not care and hence are not omnibenevolent

3) The god(s) do not know suffering is happening and hence are not omniscient

4) The god(s) lack the ability to help and hence are not omnipotent.

I think 1) is correct

Funny. Imagine all the evil that God has to watch that we don't have to be witness to. I think it would be insufferable. Must be why the Bible says that God is angry with the wicked everyday (see Psalm 7:11). I would not desire to be omniscient or omnipresent, because I would use my omnipotence to take out the peons. Certainly God loves humans much more than I would ever consider. I would rather go back to collecting POG, than be God and collect a bunch of crazy humans. People should rejoice that God is God, and not me. My patience level was already shot a long time ago.

“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.”  - 2 Peter 3:9, KJV

Blaming God is on auto-thought.

• Elise

Wow a typical atheist.