Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I'm afraid of using tampons and it hurt me?

• PAMELA

So use pads, it is up to you.

• J

Tampons can’t do any permanent damage and they can’t get “lost” inside u. If it hurts, it means u aren’t doing it right. Make sure u insert it far enough that u can’t feel it when u move. If u don’t want to use tampons u don’t have to but it’s definitely more convenient than pads. It’s better to not have to worry about your pad coming loose when u move around. Just read the directions and practice till u get it right. If u have trouble try sitting or standing in different positions to make it easier

• Edna

There's no reason to be afraid of using a tampon. When it's properly inserted, it doesn't hurt and you can't even feel that you have it inside you.

Every box of tampons comes with instructions and diagrams on how to properly insert it and remove it. Buy a box of tampons and read the instructions before you try to insert it for the first time.

Well get used to it. This is nothing compared to what the baby will feel like!

• :)

That’s okay. There’s no dire need to use them. I attempted tampons a few times at 13/14, and then I didn’t try again until 19. I’m 22 now, and I love them. They’re pretty much all I use.

being fearful doesnt help

You should not be afraid of using tampons , and when used correctly they do not hurt

learn How to insert one properly

also Tensing up WILL not it hard & painful to try to Insert

another tip-- your vagina is >>Slanted>> not straight up & down so you Must Aim and push the Tampon in at an >>Angle>> towards your Lower back area

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Tampon

https://youngwomenshealth.org/2012/09/27/tampons/

Then don't.

Used correctly they are painless but if you are nervous you are unlikely to insert correctly.

Your own nerves are probably what caused it to be uncomfortable.