What should I do about my car?

What should I do? I have a balance of $10,000 on my van loan. I need new breaks, tires and motor, this will cost minimum of $7000.00.  They were will to do $3000.00 trade in because they could hear the engine noise.

Get a 2nd opinion on what work needs to be done.  I wouldn't trust anyone telling me my vehicle needs a new motor just "by a noise" and I wouldn't trust someone offering me $3000 for it as-is if they knew the vehicle actually needed ~$5000+ worth of work to profit on the resale.  Not to mention you'd be $7000 upside-down if you took their "deal", which is also very bad.  Good luck.

a) It's spelled BRAKES. Fail

b) You have no choice but to keep driving it and fix it unless you've got at least $7000 in cash to make a trade-in work. 

I'd get a second opinion on the engine, from someone not trying to sell you a vehicle.  You could bring in a 2020 vehicle to trade in with 2 miles and they will find something wrong with the motor ;)

• CB

Brakes and tires are NORMAL maintenance items - so deduct that amount. Then get a second opinion on the motor - actually get a second opinion on all problems - sounds like you are getting taken to the cleaners.

IOW, to get rid of this van right now, you'd have to give it up AND pay $7,000.

But, if you spend the $7,000 on repairs, you'd at least keep the van and have it be operational.

There's no way to get out from under such a bad loan deal. But, at least spending the money on repairs gets you an operational van at this time.