Girlfriends Transphobic Family?

I’m a closeted trans guys, my gf knows I’m trans and is %100 supportive but her family has said some clearly transphobic things and are not open minded people. Now after hearing them say some stuff in the background of a phone call with her I no longer feel safe or comfortable around them. What should I do? Should I avoid going to her place and being around her family or should I just suck it up and go anyways?

• reme_1

Stay out of her family's home. It is not a safe place for you. Meet her at your family's home or in public. The most important thing is your safety.

• Koi

You need to realise that you will never be able to change genders and stop inconveniencing others by making them tip toe and walk on eggshell because of your delusional fantasies.

If you are both adults then a transphobic family shouldn't be too much of an issue. I don't involve my parents into any relationship I could have as an adult. Sounds like she lives with her family and that could make things difficult as she is not independent. 

Well, you could always kill her parents.

• Jordan2 months agoReport

Problem solving.

What I think you should do is talk to your gf and tell her what you've been hearing her family say about trans people, and hopefully she'll tell 'em to stop. She doesn't have to tell 'em that it's because you're trans, but because that's hurtful and wrong in general