promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Girlfriends Transphobic Family?

I’m a closeted trans guys, my gf knows I’m trans and is %100 supportive but her family has said some clearly transphobic things and are not open minded people. Now after hearing them say some stuff in the background of a phone call with her I no longer feel safe or comfortable around them. What should I do? Should I avoid going to her place and being around her family or should I just suck it up and go anyways?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Stay out of her family's home. It is not a safe place for you. Meet her at your family's home or in public. The most important thing is your safety.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Koi
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You need to realise that you will never be able to change genders and stop inconveniencing others by making them tip toe and walk on eggshell because of your delusional fantasies.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you are both adults then a transphobic family shouldn't be too much of an issue. I don't involve my parents into any relationship I could have as an adult. Sounds like she lives with her family and that could make things difficult as she is not independent. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well, you could always kill her parents.

• Jordan2 months agoReport

Problem solving.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

What I think you should do is talk to your gf and tell her what you've been hearing her family say about trans people, and hopefully she'll tell 'em to stop. She doesn't have to tell 'em that it's because you're trans, but because that's hurtful and wrong in general

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.