Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Is it a coincidence the sharp drops in new cases of covid 19 in Italy 27 days after of lockdown?

And an incubation period of 27 days reported by Hubei Province 

I'm starting to believe that how there is a wide range of the severity in those infected, it seems there's a wide range of the length of the incubation period in different people, I've become aware of a drop in new cases 18 days or so into lockdown and now 27 days into lockdown, both of these observations have been observed in data coming out of china.

14 Days isolation for those self isolating seems optimistic.

Thank you for your input nutter.

@Jacks Ans, if the incubation was 5.2 days everyone with the virus would have shown up as a new case within the first 2 weeks, you're dreaming and there has been cases of people catching more than once.

If you don't understand don't answer.

Doesn't look like a coincidence to me, but that could change tomorrow or next week.

As for Hubei province, I wouldn't trust those numbers.  The Chinese government has a well documented history of lying.

The figures that anyone is worried about is the people arriving at hospitals. If it can take two weeks before showing signs after infection and then a further ten days before they need admitting to an ICU, that is the kind of time frame to see if lock down has slowed the spread of the virus.

Although an incubation period of 27 days has been recorded and no doubt on countless occasions been beaten unrecorded, the average incubation period is never the less 5.2 days (if I'm not mistaken) so unless you are dealing in absolutes where there is no possibility of a person infecting others whilst displaying no symptoms, 14 days of isolation would for the vast majority of people who might (I must stress the might) be infected appear to be adequate.

Further more, I'm curious if you've heard of any case's of people becoming infected with the Covid-19 virus a second time after first contracting and then making a full recovery from it, if so do you know the length of time between first recovering from it and then contracting it for a second time.

The reason I ask, is because as early as of January this year there were (and still are) rumours circulating on social media that there might be two (or more) strains of this virus the second one being the more virulent.

It could be that there is only one strain at work that an infected person who might at first appearance appear to have made a full recovery only for them at a later stage to suffer a relapse (a kind of dormancy if you like), hence the rumour's of there being two strains.

• Jacks Ans

I didn't say those who had the virus had an incubation period of 5.2 days, what I said was "those who had it had an AVERAGE incubation period of 5.2 days", you don't even understand your own question, 14 days of self isolation is quite sufficient to address the spread of this virus. 

• Rod

If covid-19 is a pandemic then why aren't three and half billion people in this world dying or being infected by it --from a total of seven billion people in this world?

More people die in this world from the common flu/cold than this virus has managed to do.

Could the high rates of infection and death in Italy by coronavirus actually be incidental with existing health problems of the elderly and others?

Hubei province is gone, troll. Don't even pretend to show such stupidity. This kind of joke is not funny.